If you are accidentally locked out of his Joomla administrator by Admin Tools. Either by the strict security feature in Admin Tools that denies you access, even though he was a super user or you forgot the ‘Administrator secret URL parameter’.
The error your will receive after several unsuccessful attempts will be :
You are a spammer, hacker or an otherwise bad person.
Two methods to resolve this :
- Rename Plugin Folder
- Login through FTP
- Go to the plugins/system/admintools/admintools folder
- Rename main.php file to main-disable.php
Now login in the administrator area to confirm the fix is indeed working.
2. Rename Plugin through PhpMyAdmin
- Login to Phpmyadmin
- Choose the database
- Find “prefix_extensions” table (where prefix is the unique value of your database tables)
- Filter rows with for plugin’s name: “System – Admin Tools”
- Edit the record from the results area
- Change the “enabled” value to 0
- Save Changes