With the increasing popularity of Joomla most people are moving towards Joomla.
I would like to take the initiative to help the new Joomla family members installing Joomla 1.5.x version on their server
Please follow the following steps
- Download joomla package from joomla.com
- Decompress the file downloaded
- Login to your FTP server
- Upload the extracted files on the server
- Open web browser.
- Access the site http://yourwebsite.com you will get first installation page.
- In first page, you will choose language. Default en-GB – English. Click Next button on top right.
- Next step, Joomla will check your system before installation. On top part, your system must match with requirement. If not, your Joomla installation not functioning correctly. There are several recommended setting on bottom page. If your settings do not quite match the recommended, it will be red warning on actual column. You can fix it or leave. Click next button to continue.
- Next page about licence. Read carefully. Click next button.
- Next page about database configuration. Before configure, make sure you made a database for joomla. These must already exist for the database you are going to use.If not ready, open your phpmyadmin. Create a new database, for example give name “joomla”.Then, fulfill all item at database configuration. Click next button.
- Next page about FTP Configuration. Click Next button.
- Next page about site configuration. Enter your site name, email and admin password.Click Install Sample Data button.Then, Click Next button.
- If you get sentence “Congratulations! Joomla! is installed.”, your steps successfull.
- The last step, remove folder installation from your root directory.
If you want look site, click Site button. Or click Admin button for login to administration page.